2011 Tater Trot Tracker Leaders

Here is a list of the slowest and quickest trots from the 2011 season. Due to unforeseen issues throughout the season, roughly 75% of the season’s trots were watched and timed in order to compile this list. It is possible that slower or quicker trots were recorded during the remaining 25% of games. Apologies for the […]

Tater Trot Tracker: June 6

A light day for home runs – in the majors at least. The minors were a different story. Monday did have good news in one form, though. It was the day Major League Baseball welcomed Adam Rosales back to the field. There will be more on that in a minute. For now, let’s get to […]

Tater Trot Tracker: May 31

Family issues kept me from posting Monday’s trots yesterday. There were 46 hit that day – the biggest day of the year, I believe – but I still had to go back and time then. The times are included below. Tuesday’s home run haul was a little smaller, but it was still a pretty good […]

Tater Trot Tracker: May 29

I know everyone is anxious to get out to their grills for some hot dogs and beer, so I won’t keep you waiting. Let’s get to the trots! Home Run of the Day: David Ortiz, Boston Red Sox – 24.45 seconds [video] For only the fourth time in his career, David Ortiz hit a pinch-hit […]

Tater Trot Tracker: May 25

Sorry for the late post today. The lunch hour gets tough during busy times at work. But at least we had a great night for home runs to make up for it. Let’s get to the trots! Home Run of the Day: Ryan Howard, Philadelphia Phillies – 21.72 seconds [video] This could just as easily […]

Tater Trot Tracker: May 24

Another day, another three-home run game. How boring! How about some trots?! Home Run of the Day: Carlos Quentin #3, Chicago White Sox – 21.98 seconds [video] I hope it’s obvious that I don’t actually think a three home run game is boring. They’re always something to see (I was at a Blue Jays/Red Sox […]

Tater Trot Tracker: May 23

I’m not sure I’ve ever had a day with such a tight competition for the Home Run of the Day. Here in Milwaukee, Corey Hart hit his first, second, and third home runs of the year in the Brewers’ 11-3 rout of the Nationals. In San Diego, Albert Pujols hit his first home run in […]

Tater Trot Tracker: May 22

The first weekend of interleague play is now concluded, and what have we learned? Players can hit balls just as hard off opposing league pitchers as they can off their own league’s pitchers. It’s pretty amazing, really. I can’t way for when interleague arrives in June for real (for five series in a row instead […]

The 2011 Tater Trot Tracker

Opening Day is finally here! And, along with it, comes the 2011 edition of the Tater Trot Tracker! Let’s all do the dance of joy. As you may know, I am now doing most of my writing over at Baseball Prospectus. This will include the Tater Trot Tracker for the 2011 season. As was the […]