2011 Tater Trot Tracker Leaders

Here is a list of the slowest and quickest trots from the 2011 season. Due to unforeseen issues throughout the season, roughly 75% of the season’s trots were watched and timed in order to compile this list. It is possible that slower or quicker trots were recorded during the remaining 25% of games. Apologies for the missing data.

Slowest Trot

  1. Victor Martinez – September 7, 29.91 secs.
  2. David Ortiz – June 12, 29.66
  3. David Ortiz – July 27, 29.35
  4. Russell Branyan – August 11, 29.15
  5. Pat Burrell – April 11, 29.03
  6. Tim Hudson – June 20, 28.99
  7. David Ortiz – April 2, 28.97
  8. Wilson Ramos – June 5, 28.94
  9. David Ortiz – May 25, 28.9
  10. Paul Konerko – August 7, 28.88

(Click “Continue Reading” to see the rest.)

Quickest Trot (non-Inside-the-Park)

  1. Eric Thames – August 12, 16.6 secs.
  2. David Murphy – September 6, 16.61
  3. Eric Thames – June 29, 16.78
  4. Carlos Gomez – April 22, 16.93
  5. Will Venable – July 20, 16.98
  6. Eric Patterson – May 3, 17.01
  7. Adam Rosales – June 25, 17.02
  8. Bryan Petersen – August 7, 17.03
  9. Eric Thames – July 28, 17.06
  10. Carlos Gomez – March 31, 17.06

Inside-the-Park Home Runs (Total Hit: 16)

  1. Peter Bourjos – April 19, 14.02 secs.**
    **Ruled a 3-base error (sadly)
  2. Tony Campana – August 5, 14.21
  3. Carlos Gomez – May 28, 14.29
  4. Shane Victorino – April 24, 14.33
  5. Curtis Granderson – August 21, 14.66
  6. Jacoby Ellsbury – September 19, 14.83
  7. Craig Gentry – September 23, 14.88
  8. Trent Oeltjen – August 20, 14.89
  9. Chase Utley – July 26, 15.2
  10. Ben Zobrist – September 25, 15.21
  11. Jose Altuve – August 20, 15.39
  12. Drew Stubbs – June 17, 15.56
  13. Evan Longoria – June 12, 15.74
  14. Rickie Weeks – July 8, 15.79
  15. Robert Andino – September 26, 15.94
  16. Yuniesky Betancourt – June 25, 16.3
  17. Conor Gillaspie – September 27, 17.41

See also: the 2014 Tater Trot Tracker Leaders, the 2013 Tater Trot Tracker Leaders, the 2012 Tater Trot Tracker Leaders and the 2010 Tater Trot Tracker Leaders.

Larry Granillo

About Larry Granillo

Larry Granillo has been writing Wezen Ball since 2008 and has dealt with such touchy topics as Charlie Brown's baseball stats and Ferris Bueller's day off. In 2010, he got the bright idea to time every home run trot in baseball; he has been missing ever since.

Quantcast